• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a perpetual AcrobatDC license & cannot get the CC version to install properly.

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Adobe Acrobat DC perpetual licensed version from 2017 on my computer. I recently subscribed to CC and cannot get a 2020 Acrobat Pro DC to install on my machine independently from the 2017 version that I would like to keep.

CC is seeing the 2017 version as the latest one, which it isn't and refuses to install the 2020 version.

Any assistance would be welcome, since as it stands now that I have the CC subscription Acrobat stalls on loading.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Hi Binsu,

As you have mentioned that Acrobat 2017 is already installed on your machine, you will not be able to install the Acrobat DC on the same machine.

You can either install Acrobat DC or Acrobat 2017 on one machine.

I would suggest you installing the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC as it will consist of all the features that are available in Acrobat 2017. For that you will need to uninstall the Acrobat 2017.

You may use the cleaner tool (https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s going to be very confused. You can’t have two versions of Acrobat installed anyway, even before getting into licensing conflicts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Binsu,

As you have mentioned that Acrobat 2017 is already installed on your machine, you will not be able to install the Acrobat DC on the same machine.

You can either install Acrobat DC or Acrobat 2017 on one machine.

I would suggest you installing the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC as it will consist of all the features that are available in Acrobat 2017. For that you will need to uninstall the Acrobat 2017.

You may use the cleaner tool (https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html) to remove the application from the machine. 

Then reboot the machine once and then install Acrobat DC from CC desktop application.

Let us know if you need any help or have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines