• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have created show and hide features in InDesign that I wish to export to Interactive PDF. These features work when viewed in Acrobat on Desktop, but not on iPad/tablets - why?

New Here ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created show and hide features in InDesign that I wish to export to Interactive PDF. These features work when viewed in Acrobat on Desktop, but not on iPad/tablets - why?,

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Why? Most likely because the PDF viewer on the tablet is too dumb to deal with show/hide features.

You might try PDF Expert by Readdle on the iOS devices, and qpdf Notes Pro on Android.

Depending on how the show/hide has been created when exporting from InDesign, it may work in those viewers. Otherwise, you'd have to open the PDFs in Acrobat and change the show/hide features to something more digestable by device PDF viewers.

BTW, you will encounter the same issues with the PDF viewing components i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? Most likely because the PDF viewer on the tablet is too dumb to deal with show/hide features.

You might try PDF Expert by Readdle on the iOS devices, and qpdf Notes Pro on Android.

Depending on how the show/hide has been created when exporting from InDesign, it may work in those viewers. Otherwise, you'd have to open the PDFs in Acrobat and change the show/hide features to something more digestable by device PDF viewers.

BTW, you will encounter the same issues with the PDF viewing components in web browsers.

Hope this can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great - thanks for the advice. I will check out these other readers you suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines