Highlighted

I need adobe reader to be my internet default.

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Pro membership, with the license that allows 2 devices. Occasionally, I use a 3rd computer to access my documents. Because Pro is installed on this 3rd computer, I cannot view pdfs from my browser without logging into Pro. Is there a way to make Reader the default pdf viewer for my IE, Edge, and Chrome, without having to be logged into Pro?

As it is now, if I am not logged into Pro on this computer, I get a blank screen when I try to open a pdf in the browser.

Topics

General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I need adobe reader to be my internet default.

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Pro membership, with the license that allows 2 devices. Occasionally, I use a 3rd computer to access my documents. Because Pro is installed on this 3rd computer, I cannot view pdfs from my browser without logging into Pro. Is there a way to make Reader the default pdf viewer for my IE, Edge, and Chrome, without having to be logged into Pro?

As it is now, if I am not logged into Pro on this computer, I get a blank screen when I try to open a pdf in the browser.

Topics

General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described when you try to open the PDF from browser without logging in to the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on your computer you get a blank screen.

Would you mind sharing the steps you are doing to open the PDF? Are you opening them in web browser or downloading them to your computer and then opening them with Acroabt Pro? please share the screen recording of the issue for a better understanding.

If you are opening PDFs in web browser:

1. Web browsers uses their own mechanism to render and display the PDF files and  they are not Adobe dependent.
  2. You may try to use the Acrobat plugin/adons for the different web browsers as mentioned in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/display-pdf-in-browser.html and see if that helps.

If you are downloading the PDF to your computer and then opening them with Acrobat Pro, since you have the application activated on two other devices you need to deactivate one of the device and then activate the application on the new computer.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
jane-e LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I think what you are saying is that you have Acrobat Pro installed properly on two computers and want to use the free Reader on the third. I do the same thing. To set Acrobat Reader as the default application to open PDFs, do this:

• Right-click any pdf in Windows File Explorer >  Open With > Choose another app
    jane-e_1-1598489330137.png

• Select Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and be sure to check "Always use this app to open pdf files"
    jane-e_0-1598489243983.png

• You may or may not need to go into Edit > Preferences > Internet to change things in here since you are viewing the PDFs while in a brower.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/display-pdf-in-browser.html

jane-e_2-1598489583853.png

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0