• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to compile electronically signed PDF letters into Section 508 compliant documents

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a workaround for me to compile multiple electronically signed letters into a section 508 compliant document for online public review?  When I compile the letters in a PDF, the signatures are stripped out, which means it doesn't look like the original.  I've tried making .PNG copies, attaching and then OCR, but the quality fades significantly, and the reliability of the OCR is pretty low.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Scan documents and OCR , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't combine multiple signed documents into one file because it invalidates the signatures. Your approach of exporting to an image could work but I'd suggest exporting to a .tif file with a highter resolution and then using OCR to make them compliant. It's not ideal, because you're going to have to re-tag everything for accessibility again. If you can post them individually I'd go that route or combine them into a portfolio instead of a single PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exporting the files to images and creating a new PDF file from those images will also invalidate the signatures, of course...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried to make a portfolio Section 508 compliant.  Is there a 508 compliance test for portfolio? In the meantime, I'll try with .tiff, when I get access to the original letters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines