• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I purchased the adobe dc to be able to convert a architectural design to editable

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pdf will not convert a lot of the doc into something I can edit. I need to edit images and text

I need to be able to clean up the drawing to remove all the "noise" to allow me to redraw.  Cannot get this to work.

Thanks

Billie.needham@gmail.com 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Far beyond what could be done in Acrobat, even if it was a hundred times smarter. These are hand drawn plans, and changes need to be redrawn, preferably in a CAD app or by hand again. Some CAD apps might let you place the existing plans as a template to trace over. Weeks of work, consider paying a CAD expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Billie,

When you say "noise" was this scanning noise? Like when you scan a newspaper you can sort of see the print on the opposite side of the Page or some other kind of noise.

Just to let you know, the "Edit" function/capabilities in Acrobat are intended to do small subtle editing like correcting typos or changes of date or things like that. If you wish to do wholesale editing on your document, you really need to go back to the original document. 

For generating a scanned document into a PDF with few, if any noise, please check this blog I wrote:

http://photosbycoyne.com/Gary's_Help/Scanning/clean-scanning.html

Does any of this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Far beyond what could be done in Acrobat, even if it was a hundred times smarter. These are hand drawn plans, and changes need to be redrawn, preferably in a CAD app or by hand again. Some CAD apps might let you place the existing plans as a template to trace over. Weeks of work, consider paying a CAD expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh my. I didn't see the attached document. Test is correct. There's no way to convert that into an editable CAD drawing. Maybe sometime in the future but my guess is that you're going to want this drawing sooner than that.

If you have time to start a new application I'd suggest you take a look at MacDraft/PCDraft. I've been using MacDraft since 1985 and still use it a lot. Check out http://Microspot.com if you're interested. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines