• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want just the Adobe icon for my pdf files

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pdf files that I save to my desktop are saving with an icon showing a picture of the actual file. I don't want that. I just want the Acrobat icon showing. I used to have all my pdf files saved with the Acrobat icon but last week all of a sudden all my files are saving with an icon that shows a picture of the file contents. I didn't change anything. Photo attached of some files saved on my Desktop. How can I get these to show the standard Acrobat icon again?

Screenshot_1.png

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Freda

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you don't want the PDF thumbnail to show as the icon of the PDF files saved on your computer.

Please try the following preference setting and see if that helps.

Go to Edit (Windows) > Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > General > Uncheck 'Enable PDF thumbnail preview in Windows Explorer' Click OK and check.

You may also look at the correct answer marked in the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/need-help-disabling-the-pdf-icon-preview-in-windows/td-p/1178...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That did it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon! That worked to change those PDF files I had from file photos to the Adobe general icon. However it also changed all my saved photos from showing the photo picture to my Photo app icon. It was easy to see what photo I wanted to open by looking at the photo thumbnail. Now I have hundreds of photos with the exact same Photo app icon. I can change it back but how can I make this change ONLY for my PDF files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Edited]

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that and thank you for trying out the workaround and sharing your observation.

If you’ve chosen to disable PDF thumbnails from Acrobat's preferences, existing PDF files may still show thumbnail preview from the cache. The thumbnail cache needs to cleared using DiskCleanup

Clear the Thumbnail Cache using Disk Cleanup

1. Click Start, type Disk Cleanup, click Disk Cleanup.  
  2. Select the Operating System drive letter (usually C:\) from the drop-down, and click OK
  3. Uncheck all the entries except Thumbnails
  4. Click OK, and click Delete Files to confirm.
  5. After the cleanup is complete, logoff and login back for the change to take effect.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I do not have thumbnails enabled in my Acrobat settings. I did the disk cleanup as you described but I still get thumbnails for my PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please update your Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC. The latest patch release (21.001.20142) has the fix for a similar problem. To update from within the product, open Acrobat or Acrobat Reader, and go to Help > Check for updates. Let us know if that fixes your issue.

Thanks

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I went to Help > check for updates on my Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (32 bit) and it says "no updates available" See screenshot. My icons are still thumbnails.

Screenshot_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines