• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to install Acrobat DC only, without Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we don't have enough space to install the creative cloud but need Adobe acrobat dc, we have a subscription but every time we try to download DC, the creative cloud is automatically downloaded and our computer says we don't have enough space. How can we download ONLY DC?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First off, check if there are any older versions of the Acrobat  or CS installed in the system; if they are remove them with the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.

Second, you may also want to go online to account.adobe.com and log in with your AdobeID.

To manage your account settings click on Manage My Account, then View Plan Details, then on the page tab "Plans" --->>> then My Plan. 

Screenshot_20191230-065417.jpg

20200101_040304.jpg

Scroll down to the bottom of that page to check if you have more than two devices activated using the same subscription.

Deactivate the computer devices that you're not currently using (if any) and only activate the system that you are using to install this version of Acrobat.

20200101_040335.jpg

To download the standalone version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC follow this guidance: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html 

or log in to:

https://creativecloud.adobe.com/   

and click "Get Desktop App".

Screenshot_20200101-041650.jpg

NOTE: You can install the VIP stand alone full off-line installer as well.

Once it  installs successfully open Acrobat and login with your AdobeID to activate your subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be a good opportunity to clean up your primary hard drive to make some free space available. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Standalone installation of Acrobat no longer seems possible. 
I followed the instructions here and found the indivdual app download page. 
Selected Acrobat DC and it immediately started installing Creative Cloud. 

There is something not right when it takes longer to install Acrobat than all of Office. 

This was an installation on a brand new computer. The previous one was just shy of 4 years old and had been running fine until a month or so ago. A major stumbling block was the bloated Creative Cloud installation. I use Acrobat regularly and Lightroom occasionally. I did NOT need 20 other applications that I was constantly being pushed to update which would essentially shut down my computer for 10 minutes to complete. 

Hoping Adobe will let me run "light" with just Acrobat. Insane that an individual subscription to Acrobat is just a few dollars cheaper than all of Creative Cloud. We'll see how things go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the link for Enterprise or VIP and download for the proper OS. This will download Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI.zip for standalone install of Acrobat. See images below. After install it will prompt to login for licensure.

Enterprise or VIP (Not for Individual Customers)

Connor5CCC_0-1613012203440.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  I have over 200 machines and it prompts my users with a UAC elevated access to update creative cloud app when I only want Acrobat DC only.
I have to install both then go back and uninstall the Creative Cloud app.

Please advise if there is an update and we can just install the Acrobat app without CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also try and suppress the Upsell notification and In product Messaging  via registry, or, "EDIT" --- Preferences--->>> "General".

In the slide below, all checkboxes that I didin't tick is what is producing these annoying messages that are actually more related to Adobe Reader DC , not Acrobat.

Screenshot_20210304-000702.jpg

Yo may also want to click on reset all warnings and see if that do anything at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You took a picture of your screen? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I did. 

I apologize if it looks blurry.

Sometimes, I respond on the go from mobile devices.

It is easier for me to just to take a picture and share it on-the-fly using a mobile device rather than creating an Internet  hotspot for a computer with no Internet connection, then print screen my desktop in order to be able to produce a slide that I have to manually edit with MS Paint  (or similar), save it to a local folder, and finally link it up in the forums just to prove a point that may not help the users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines