Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to print the person who printed the document

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am looking to see if it is possible to have Adobe print the person's name and the date the document was printed if that makes sense? I am able to figure out how to print the currentdate but not the persons name. I want to create a filed such as " printed by:" on my PDFs. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , JavaScript , PDF forms , Print and prepress , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adriana,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you want print the name of the person who printed the document.

The option to print the name of the person who printed the document is not yet available. You may submit your request with the engineering team using the link - https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it is possible to do that, using a field and a script, but it requires installing the script on the local machine of each user. Is that something you can do in your case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am able to install the script on the local machine of each user. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, then you could use a trusted function in such a script to access the Identity object and from there get the user name via the loginName property.

See this tutorial about how to create such functions:

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/using_trusted_functions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines