Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Identifying PDF Page Sizes and batch resize

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am currently searching for a way of searching through a large amount of PDF files of scanned documents for incorrectly sized pages, and batch resizing / cropping them. These are scanned documents that need to be 8.5x11 but are slightly taller and thus have edges that have been overscanned and need to be removed. 

I need a way to identify and correct these. Additionally, some pages of these files are larger (some scanned from an 11x14 document) and those need to be identified so that they are not incorrectly sized to 8.5x11. 

My initial thought would to be to use Bridge to identify the dimensions and use that to sort the incorrect ones, and of those manually verify there are no pages that should be larger, then feed that into a photoshop action script to crop / resize the pages and recompile them as a PDF. This really dosen't seem like an ideal process, so I'm hoping someone here can provide a better way to do this.

Many thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be achieved using a custom-made script, in combination with an Action to process multiple files (assuming you have Acrobat Pro). It's not so simple to do, though, because each page has multiple "boxes" that define its size, and they don't have to all be the same...

If you're interested in hiring a professional to create this script for you feel free to contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to scan through multiple directories and at least identify which files are incorrectly sized and make a report of the page size of all PDFs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if you have Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do. Do you know of any tutorials for this process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not specifically for this, no. There are general tutorials and reference files for Acrobat JavaScript, but it's quite a steep learning curve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines