• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IF Statements/HR Form

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for the HR department for my local city. Currently, we use a personnel action form to document new hires, pay changes, terminations, etc......

As of right now, everything is printed off and handwritten. 

For the process of the document:

An administrative assistant completes the document, takes it to their department head for signature, and then, it is sent to us (HR) for final signature. We then store the document in the employee's personnel action form. 

I am wanting to simplify/digitize the process. 

What am I am wanting to do, if possible:

• Add a drop-down list for the admin to choose their department (I know how to do this).
  • Add a second drop-down list where the form has asked for the grade and pay of the employee.
  • Based on what they choose the drop-down selection, I would like it to give the grade and pay options based on the department.
  • Again, based on the first drop-down, I would like to add a submit button that send's the form to the department head based on the selected department.
  • The department head could add his electric signature.
  • There would then be a "submit to HR" button, where it would be emailed to my boss and me. 

Is this possible? I know there would probably be some javascript needed. I would try to get Adobe-sign for all of the departments, but it has been hard enough getting approved for just HR.  We currently keep the form available on our server in a folder, so that admins have access to the document. 

I've attached the document we use for reference.

Thanks! 

TOPICS
How to , JavaScript , PDF forms , Print and prepress , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you will need a lot of JavaScripting  involved in this workflow, but I am not sure if you do so will work with an Adobe Sign worflow.

Are you currently using a business plan or an individual plan?

Also, when you mentioned about emailing, are you considering to hardcode an email address in the script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have a business plan but not a business Adobe Sign plan.  If I could talk the city into buying licenses for each department, this whole thing could be avoided. 

Yeah, hard coding the email in the script, but the email would change based on the department. I may be better off just creating a separate form for each department.'

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines