• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ignoring Installed Fonts in Acrobat 9.0

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to replace my Windows 7 machine with a Windows 10 machine.  When I did, I noticed some changes in how Acrobat 9.0 functions.  The biggest problem is Acrobat ignoring fonts.  The fonts I use are in c:\Windows\Fonts, and they're installed properly (I can use them in all Microsoft products). But when I print MS Word files into PDF, just as I've done for years, fonts that I've used for years in documentat that I've never had problems printing to PDF, suddently can't be found, preventing my PDF files from being created.  The fonts are all either commercial-free or I have the license to use them, and some are Microsoft Standard fonts, but Acrobat says that they're not there.  I don't know what to do, but I have almost 300 fonts that don't show up anymore, causing me no end of problems.  How do I get Adobe 9.0 to recognize that the fonts are indeed there?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Actually, it isn't an issue of “changes in how Acrobat 9.0 functions” but rather, how Windows functions. Font installation under Windows 10 has changed significantly over the last two years.

To properly install fonts that will be seen by all applications including Acrobat, you need to right-click on the font and select Install for All Users. You cannot simply drag-and-drop fonts anymore and assume that they are properly installed.

You might seriously consider upgrading your Acrobat 9 which i

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, it isn't an issue of “changes in how Acrobat 9.0 functions” but rather, how Windows functions. Font installation under Windows 10 has changed significantly over the last two years.

To properly install fonts that will be seen by all applications including Acrobat, you need to right-click on the font and select Install for All Users. You cannot simply drag-and-drop fonts anymore and assume that they are properly installed.

You might seriously consider upgrading your Acrobat 9 which is many years out of date and doesn't directly support either Windows 10 or any recent versions of Office that run under Windows. The proper way to produce PDF from Word is absolutely not to “print to PDF” but rather, to use Acrobat PDFMaker function that adds a Save as Adobe PDF function to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. That doesn't use a printer driver but directly produces PDF from the Office document format via an Acrobat-installed plug-in to these Office applications.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines