Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Field in Prepare Form

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a form.

I want recipients to fill in text and upload images.

I used the Image field button in the Prepare Form tool.

Everything works fine on my system. I click on the Image field box and am prompted to browse, select and open a file to uplaod.

The problem is I sent the form out to the people I need to fill it.

They can fill in text alright but cannot upload images.

The spaces I prepared for image upload do nothing... no error message, nothing.

I saved the file as Reader Extended PDF before sending out.

Chatting with an Adobe customer service rep online and am told "A recipient cannot add an image to a fillable PDF, sh/e can only add an image of the signature only if the recipient is not able to draw signature."

Is this true?

If so, what software can I use to create forms where recipients can fill in text and upload images or other files?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Acrobat Reader for iOS or Android doesn't supports image fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zoei

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are sending the form to the users and they are not able to insert picture into the image field.

We need some more information for a better understanding:

1. Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to share the file with the users? Are you sending the file via Adobe sign (Fill and sign > Request for Signature tool) or as an email attachment (Copy or Link )

For more information about sharing the file please look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/sharing-pdfs.html

2. How are the users opening the PDF form at their end? Please make sure that they are opening the form with Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC.

3. Please share the PDF form with us so that we can chek it at our end for testing. Please upload the file to the document cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/ generate the link and share the link with us.

We are here for help, just need more information.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Created (typed out) the form on Word (using ActiveX controls) *does it matter if it's saved as .docm or .docx?

2. Used the convert to Acrobat on MS Word

3. Picture place holders don't convert. Text place holders do 

4. Open the converted PDF, Select "Prepare Form", Select "This document requires signatures" -

when I do this, I have to click on "More" with the tools on the right then select "Revert to Acrobat Form" to get      "Image Field" to appear. If I don't select "This document requires signatures" then the Image Field shows up.

5. Select "Image Field" button to make a place holder (and create the text fields for the form)

6. When I'm done, was told to click on "Save as (Other) Reader Extended PDF" ---> "Enable more tools...." 

7. I have emailed the form every way possible:

Adobe Sign (on the desktop app & the web)

webmail from the desktop app (copy/link)

webmail without the desktop app (copy/link)

emailed from my smartphone

from my iPad

"Shared a link to the file", etc etc

I don't know how all users are opening the form but I suggested that they download Adobe reader.

I tested it with Acrobat DC, Reader & Fill & Sign (on smartphones and iPad) and neither worked.

Most of the people filling it will be doing so on a portable device.

File 1: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:972b4423-dafd-4862-a611-6a8f91d17d5... 

File 2: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:d36861c2-28e0-4d4b-b536-cdd4cfcbfa2... 

These links are regular formats, not Reader Extended formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader for iOS or Android doesn't supports image fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meaning users can fill only on a system running Windows or MacOS, that is only the desktop app will allow for what I want??

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Acrobat Reader for Windows or Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd, Do you know if Adobe is thinking about changing this at all? It will affect how I create items, and I'll have to look outside of adobe which I truly do not want to do. It is weird to lose a whole type of functionality on the app compared to the desktop version. 
kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Pro 2017 but the settings may be the same. I had the same ANNOYING problem. Adobe tools are NOT user friendly and I have to click 349028 times more than I need to to access what I need under different tabs. Anyway, I would have the problem where I'd copy and paste an image into a form fill box and I would just see a gray empty box where the image would be. It took me about 45 minutes to find the right setting but I went to Edit -> Preferences > Page Display > Page Content and Information box > Check the box that says SHOW ART, TRIM, & BLEED BOXES and the image shows up (not just an empty box for the image in the form fill section). Hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines