• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Printing Problems

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I print pictures to a PDF document, the resulting PDF doesn't show the complete images, only partial images.  I usually just select the images to print and then select "Adobe PDF" in the printer dialogue box and then select the format, usually nine to a page.   Any ideas?  Just started doing this the past couple of days.  See attached.  

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Keith!

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this issue.

Could you please share the following information for further investigation:

1. Acrobat Pro DC version number. To check the version number, you may use the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html 

2. OS version on the machine

3. You may create PDF from images directly from the Acrobat application. Why exactly you are using print workflow?

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC version number. 
Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 - 2017 Release (Classic) | Fersion 2017.011.30194

OS version on the machine

Edition            Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎3/‎18/‎2021
OS build             19042.867
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Device name DESKTOP-OHGQ1M4
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.79 GB usable)
Device ID 925A73B3-B05E-477B-873D-3F55D90A4576
Product ID 00325-81623-32533-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch points

You may create PDF from images directly from the Acrobat application. Why exactly you are using print workflow?

I'm not sure how to create a pdf using images from within the application.  The reason I have been using the print to Adobe pdf feature from the Windows folder is I can show 9 pictures on one page and the resulting PDF is not a huge file and the fidelity is really good.  If I use Microsft to PDF the resulting PDF file is huge.

I just started having this problem last Tuesday.  Before that, it was working fine.

Hope you can help.

Keith Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Keith,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Thank you for sharing the information. 

Please allow us some time to look into this issue. We will revert with some information.

In the meantime, please try creating a PDF directly from Acrobat. Use the steps as suggested below:

1. Open the Acrobat and go to File > Create > PDF from file.

2. Then browse the location where to image files are saved.

3. Select the files and convert them to PDF.

You may also refer to the steps suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/creating-simple-pdfs-acrobat.html 

Let us know if you need any help or have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're seeing the same issue with printing to PDF using Adobe Acrobat Standard 2020, with all current updates installed.

Adobe Standard 2020 v2020.001.30020

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎1/‎19/‎2021
OS build 19042.867
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

We can avoid the problem by reducing the image quality to 144dpi in the Print Pictures dialog, but only when printing several images per page. Full page photo prints at 144dpi still have the white bars across the page.

Keith, I find it significant that your Windows version says it was installed on 3/18/2021, the same date your print problem began. Could a Windows update have kicked off this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem showed up on 3/15.  Didn't install Windows update until 3/18.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using View update history > Uninstall updates, please check your list of installed Windows updates for the following:

KB5000802

KB5001567

If found, remove them, restart the computer, and test Print to PDF again.

These Windows updates are causing problems with print to PDF software like Adobe Acrobat. This article has information related to these problematic updates, and a list of affected updates for specific versions of Windows.

https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/03/18/windows-10-march-and-hotfix-updates-have-issues/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines