• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import multiple rows from Excel Sheet to a single Form

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a form that resembles a directory (e.g. multiple people per page) and populate the fields from an existing spreadsheet.  The fields are the standard fields (Last Name, First Name, etc). My spreadsheet currently has 40 people listed but will grow over time. How do I import multiple rows from a spreadsheet into the form?  I have successully imported one person but that information populates each of the three seperate entities on the page.  I am using Adobe Pro DC and excel.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be achieved using a custom-made script, assuming the names of the fields in the PDF follow a pattern, such as "Name1", "Name2", "Name3", etc. You would need to save the Excel file as a plain-text file, then read it with the script, parse its contents and use a loop to apply the values from it to the fields in your file. Not a trivial task...

If you're interested I could develop this script for you, for a fee. You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was afraid it was far more complicated than I imagined. I do appreciate the offer, but I think I will have to figure out a different method.  Thank you for your response.  It did get me that much further along.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without exporting your data from Excel, you might be able to use Word's Mailings tab features to import the existing data. Then you could print the Word document to an Adobe pdf as required.  (A disclaimer here, I've not used Word's Mailings functions, but it seems intuitive.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines