Import or copy list into dropdown list with export values

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 100+ items along with unique export values I would like to add to a dropdown list. I've seen a few posts about pasting multiple items into a dropdown list, but I haven't found one that also inlcudes the Export Values.

Acrobat_Z1g5LYOEFM.png

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find an example in the Acrobat Javascript Reference.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try like this:

this.getField("Dropdown").setItems([["GEOG 101", "3"], ["GEOG 101L", "1"], ["GEOG 102", "3"]]);

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As mentioned, this can be done using the setItems method, by specifying an array of arrays as the input parameter.

Note that the first item in the array is the default one.

If you're interested, I've developed a paid-for tool that allows you to do it directly from a text file, including importing export values, easily and quickly. You can find it here: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-import-items-from-a-text-file-to-a-combo-box-or-list-field

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines