Highlighted

In Acrobat: Documents print in LANDSCAPE mode even though PORTRAIT is selected

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent half an hour with an Adobe rep but no luck. We uninstalled and then reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader, but did not succeed in fixing this problems. Whatever I try to print from Adobe Acrobat comes out sideways! Any help will be much appreciated. (This problem developed suddenly, after years of normal vertical/portrait printing.) THANK YOU.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

In Acrobat: Documents print in LANDSCAPE mode even though PORTRAIT is selected

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent half an hour with an Adobe rep but no luck. We uninstalled and then reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader, but did not succeed in fixing this problems. Whatever I try to print from Adobe Acrobat comes out sideways! Any help will be much appreciated. (This problem developed suddenly, after years of normal vertical/portrait printing.) THANK YOU.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ellenp

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the PDF is printing in landscape even though portrait is selected.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs that you try to print in portrait? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

When you try to print the PDF file in portrait, does it show in portrait or in landscape in the print preview? Please share the screenshot of the print settings and the print preview window.

Please try to prin the PDF as an image and see if that works for you. Go to Print > Advanced > Print as Image.

Also what is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help About Adobe Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20043 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Also please check for any missing/pending updates for the printer drive and firmware and try updating them.

Are you on Windows or Mac machine and what is the verion of the OS? Please try to repair the installation (For Windows Only) Go to Help > Repair Installation.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the preferences to default as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...  and see if that works for you.

Keep us posted with the results

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0