• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Adobe XI the Tools/Edit Text and Images tool throws an error.

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know the cause or a fix?  I am the administrator of a personal PC and I can neither uninstall or reinstall.
As far as I can tell, there is no malware. The most recent change to the system were Microsoft Edge updates. 
Adobe error..JPG

I also recently experienced errors trying to run other programs causes this error:

AlanSides_0-1619795524595.png

I can neither restore or reset windows either. 
At one point my mouse and keyboard drivers were corrupt.
I have tried several fixes for this problem with no solution.
Such as shuting off defender, safe start up in the bios, etc;, etc.
Checking windows version - is 10 Home.

Not sure why this would be now affecting my installation of Adobe XI but I can no longer edit .pdf's which is my sole purpose of having Adobe XI.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 
Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat XI is an old and unsupported version, and is getting less and less compatible with Windows 10 with each new update of the latter. To increase the chances of it to work properly make sure you have all updates installed (up to 11.0.23) and run it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS, like Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

XI was fully updated but nothing seemed to work. Not being much for backward compatability, I opted to upgrade to Pro 2020.
The problem then was XI would not uninstall. After a failed late night tech chat, I finally found AcroCleaner and was able to install the new license and am all set. Sorry for the late reply - junk mail of course. :S

P.S. I had no idea compatibility was becoming such an issue. I decided to go through other programs and a large # of them are inoperative or uninstallable even with a clean boot and no processes running. This PC is 5 years old. Sigh. Thanks for fixing things until they are broken, yet again, MS. I am feeling old. Must you rule my life? 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines