• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In DC, why do I have to click 4 times simply to ocr a document?

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you bring back the old version where there were less clicks? Or, can you show me how to make a custom 1 click button?

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Thank you for the feedback, the clicks are designed and UI behavior which cannot be changed, however, you can create a quick tool for the specific OCR function, or can create an action for the same.

To create a Custom action, please refer to Adobe Acrobat Pro Action Wizard

To create Custom tool sets, please refer to https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-to-create-and-share-custom-tool-sets

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello NJMack,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. We still have the same functionality with improved quality and feature in Acrobat DC.

• Open PDF you want to OCR.
  • Go to Tools> Enhance Scans> Recognize Text> In this file.
  • Click Settings and change OCR language or output style if required (optional).
  • Click Recognize text.
  • It will run OCR on the complete document in 1 run with searchable Image Exact by default, which you can change if you want.
  • You can also reach the location by searching keyword "Recognize Text" in tool search area.

You can also refer to Edit scanned PDFs, turn off automatic OCR, Adobe Acrobat

We will highly appreciate your feedback and input If you wish to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features, use the URL Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but you didn't answer the question. You just detailed the problem step by step. As you indicate, you have to click 4 different times just to run OCR. In the older Acrobat Pro or Standard, OCR was 1 click away. Now, with Pro DC, there are 3 extra unnecessary clicks/steps. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is a step backwards with regard to making a better, more efficient product. So if you do have an answer to my question, specifically, how to create a shortcut key or hotkey to OCR with just 1 click, that would be helpful. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback, the clicks are designed and UI behavior which cannot be changed, however, you can create a quick tool for the specific OCR function, or can create an action for the same.

To create a Custom action, please refer to Adobe Acrobat Pro Action Wizard

To create Custom tool sets, please refer to https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-to-create-and-share-custom-tool-sets

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NJMack,

As a user, I feel your pain. I finally set it up in the Quick Tools toolbar and it's less clicks:

defaultgbufs965czzk_5-1631856770858.png

Right click on the toolbar and select Customize Quick Tools. You can set up your favorite tools.

defaultgbufs965czzk_4-1631856722479.png

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines