Highlighted

In document properties, under Advanced, how can I delete the contents of the Location?

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Adobe and I created a PDF. In Properties, Advanced, under Location I do not want to show the location of the file. How can I delete the location so the reader cannot see it?

Thank you.

What you see in the Location field is the current location of the file you just opened, not where the file originated from. If you were to move the PDF file to a different directory and opened the file again, the location would reflect the new directory it is stored in.

No, there is no way to mask that field. It is not breaching any security by giving away any information as to source of the file.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

In document properties, under Advanced, how can I delete the contents of the Location?

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Adobe and I created a PDF. In Properties, Advanced, under Location I do not want to show the location of the file. How can I delete the location so the reader cannot see it?

Thank you.

What you see in the Location field is the current location of the file you just opened, not where the file originated from. If you were to move the PDF file to a different directory and opened the file again, the location would reflect the new directory it is stored in.

No, there is no way to mask that field. It is not breaching any security by giving away any information as to source of the file.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 03, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This information is not saved in the PDF file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 0