Highlighted

Increase image size in certificate-based signature

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a "wet" signature option for my certificate-based signature.

When I insert an image file of my scanned signature, it comes out very small and basically illegible on the certificate signature.  I have tried increasing the size of the signature image in the scan, and have tried downloads in .jpg, .pdf, and .doc.  At some point, the available field size in the certificate-based signature limits the size of the signature.

Is there a way to make that scanned signature larger and clearer in the certificate-based signature product?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Increase image size in certificate-based signature

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a "wet" signature option for my certificate-based signature.

When I insert an image file of my scanned signature, it comes out very small and basically illegible on the certificate signature.  I have tried increasing the size of the signature image in the scan, and have tried downloads in .jpg, .pdf, and .doc.  At some point, the available field size in the certificate-based signature limits the size of the signature.

Is there a way to make that scanned signature larger and clearer in the certificate-based signature product?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, nor the scanning soctware, are image editing siftware, I believe that you have to work around that with an image manipulation program, like MS Paint and the Photos app (if on Ms Windows), or Adobe Photoshop for example.

Some of these image editing  programs also have options to remove the white background that is usually saved with the wet signature.

What you're looking into has to do with resizing the image by in reasing the percentage or pixel size.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

++ Adding to the discussion

You can determine the look of your certificate-based signature by selecting options in the Signatures panel of the Preferences dialog box. For example, you can include an image of your handwritten signature, a company logo, or a photograph. You can also create different signatures for different purposes. For some, you can provide a greater level of detail.

1. (Optional) If you want to include an image of your handwritten signature in the certificate-based signature, scan your signature, and save it as an image file. Place the image in a document by itself, and convert the document to PDF.
  2. Right-click the signature field, and select Sign Document or Certify With Visible Signature.
  3. From the Appearance menu in the Sign dialog box, select Create New Appearance.
  4. In the Configure Signature Appearance dialog box, type a name for the signature you’re creating. When you sign, you select the signature by this name. Therefore, use a short, descriptive title.
  5. For Configure Graphic, choose an option:

No Graphic: Displays only the default icon and other information specified in the Configure Text section.

Imported Graphic: Displays an image with your certificate-based signature. Select this option to include an image of your handwritten signature. To import the image file, click File, click Browse, and then select the image file.

Name: Displays only the default signature icon and your name as it appears in your digital ID file.

6. For Configure Text, select the options that you want to appear in the signature. Distinguished Name shows the user attributes defined in your digital ID, including your name, organization, and country.

7. For Text Properties, specify the writing direction and type of digits used, and then click OK

For more information please look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/certificate-based-signatures.html#create_the_appearance_of_...

Hope this information will help.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good stuff, thank you Amal. The most fulsome explanation by far.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A random thought - maybe your signature is just a small part of a large piece of paper, and the size of the paper means the signature is just a small part of that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good. Tried that, but now doing it as pixels maybe in Paint. Really Amal has the code.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also want to read this information:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/DigSigDC/appearances.html

Specifically read this section:

Using handwritten signatures 

"You can use your handwritten signature as the graphic displayed by your signature appearance as follows:

1. Scan your signature at a relatively high DPI; for example, 300.

2. Convert the image to vector drawing.

3. Make the background transparent.

4. Save the image in the desired format. Acrobat supports a wide variety of formats."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and . . . it is incredibly rich in learning.  Thank you for such a key to the kingdom.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It boggles my attention span, but with this roadmap and all the other comments, it will take me a moment to show my appreciation. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0