• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incremental signatures and form flattening

Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have a PDF that contain multiple sections that need to be filled and sign by multiple peoples, is it possible to allow signatures to lock or flatten only a specific section? Or will be better to password protect every sections of the form?

TOPICS
PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

> is it possible to allow signatures to lock or flatten only a specific section?

Yes, if you use Signature fields you can set them to lock some fields, but not others. You'll find this option under their Properties, Signed tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jean-Claude,

I believe that is possible by certifying a PDF document before you send it out.

You, as the creator of the PDF form can employ an invisible certifying signature and then choose what portions of that document you desire to leave fillable.

Click on the "Certificates" tool (in the toolbar menu),  and select "Certify (Visible) or (Invisible) signature.

See this section:

Set privileges and permissions for others

• Certify a document while leaving portions of it available for form filling, signatures, or comments
  • Use Acrobat Pro software to enable users of Reader 9 or later to sign with certificate IDs
  • Use Acrobat Standard or Pro to encrypt a PDF document with a certificate ID to restrict usage such as printing, editing, or copying

From Adobe Helpx guidance What can I do with certificate IDs? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> is it possible to allow signatures to lock or flatten only a specific section?

Yes, if you use Signature fields you can set them to lock some fields, but not others. You'll find this option under their Properties, Signed tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

That was exactly what I neeeded. I should have look in the properties. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines