Indesign to PDF with embedded video (no controls on video) and Flash missing warning

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10 / latest Indesign. Want to make pdf with embedded videos that have controls.

I have a 12 page Indesign presentation that has embedded videos in it. I want to export the presentation to PDF. All good till I go to show the presentation in Acrobat Pro DC (latest version). 

No video controls are displayed to start or stop the video.

Also, I get a weird Flash player warning

I can export the presentation to Publish Online and it works perfectly. Only problem is that I have to take this presentation on my laptop to places where the internet connection is unreliable.

What to do? Any suggestions?

Thx.

Phil

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indesign to PDF with embedded video (no controls on video) and Flash missing warning

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10 / latest Indesign. Want to make pdf with embedded videos that have controls.

I have a 12 page Indesign presentation that has embedded videos in it. I want to export the presentation to PDF. All good till I go to show the presentation in Acrobat Pro DC (latest version). 

No video controls are displayed to start or stop the video.

Also, I get a weird Flash player warning

I can export the presentation to Publish Online and it works perfectly. Only problem is that I have to take this presentation on my laptop to places where the internet connection is unreliable.

What to do? Any suggestions?

Thx.

Phil

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 30, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phil

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, there are no video controls are displayed to start or stop the video. Also, you get a weird Flash player warning

Adding Flash content in PDF files is now disabled and no longer supported. You will see one of the below dialogs when you encounter Flash content in a PDF.

When Flash Player is not installed on your system:

Untitled.png

When Flash Player is installed on your system: A message is displayed asking you to turn off using Flash Player.

Untitled.png

Choose one of the following:

• OK - Disables the preference Use Flash Player For Playing 3D and Multimedia Content. FlashPlayer is not used to play flash content. The PDF uses the native OS media players, like Windows Media Player on Windows or QuickTime on macOS, to play the audio or video content in the PDF.
  • Ask me later - The preference Use Flash Player For Playing 3D and Multimedia Content is enabled, and FlashPlayer plays the flash content. The message is displayed again if the user opens a PDF file with flash content.

Untitled.png

For more information please take a look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/flash-format-support-in-pdf.html

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what am I to do if I want to play a PDF with embedded video in Acrobat?

P

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane

once you get the pop up asking you to turn off the flash player, choose OK.

OK - Disables the preference Use Flash Player For Playing 3D and Multimedia Content. FlashPlayer is not used to play flash content. The PDF uses the native OS media players, like Windows Media Player on Windows or QuickTime on macOS, to play the audio or video content in the PDF.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was solution that you had to implement? Was this fixed by Adobe?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0