• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Initial View Fit Page -5%

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the effect of setting the initial view to Fit Page as opposed to Default, but am sometimes concerned that people will not realize there is more than one page to a document.

Is there a way to set the inital view so that it fits the page, minus a few percent so they see the next page below?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

You can set the initial view to display the Pages panel, which would allow the user to see the thumbnails of any additional pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the initial view to any percentage value (even though it may look like you have to pick from the list that is presented), but you cannot combine two selections like fit page and then zoom out by five percent. So unfortunately what you want to accomplish cannot be done with the initial view. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Karl. That's what I thought. Where would I post this as a feature request? From a UX perspective, I think it would really be a great option for people.

Currently I open the PDF and find a sweet spot, but only applies to my machine of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the initial view to display the Pages panel, which would allow the user to see the thumbnails of any additional pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent suggestion - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines