Highlighted

Insert Digital Signature Field

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer add a Digital Signature field to a new document.  I am not trying to sign the document myslelf, but create a field to prompt a signature to those that we send the pdf to. 

Was this feature done away with after the latest update, I was able to do it about a month ago.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Insert Digital Signature Field

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer add a Digital Signature field to a new document.  I am not trying to sign the document myslelf, but create a field to prompt a signature to those that we send the pdf to. 

Was this feature done away with after the latest update, I was able to do it about a month ago.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is odd, unless the new document that you're referring to has been made read-only with, encrypted with password and editing restrictions,  signed,  or has a certified digital signature, for example.

In which Acrobat Pro is this happening: Standard or DC?

Have you tried repairing the installation?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  It is DC, I will try to repair the installation, I have not tried that yet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angelaf

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to add a digital signature field to a document.

++ Adding on to the discussion

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing.

Do you get any error message when you try to add the digital signature field to the document? If yes, please share the screenshot of the same for a better understanding.

Assuming that the file is free from any kind of restriction/password protection,  you may try the steps below and see if that works for you.

1. What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat And make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20043 installed from the help menu > check for updates.

2. You may also try to repair the installation (Windows Only) from the help menu > repair installation and see if that makes any difference.

3. If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the preferences to default as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that helps.

4. For testing purposes: Try to turn off the protected mode (Windows Only) and see if that makes any difference. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at startup', turn off the protected mode and uncheck the enhanced security > Click OK and reboot the application.
Note: Turning off the protected mode may possess security risks, Please turn on the security after testing.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on Tools - Prepare Form and then click on "More" at the right side of the window and then on "Revert to Acrobat Form". In the future, do not tick the box that says "This document requires signatures" when creating the form.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 1