Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert editable picture into PDF form?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day,

I am creating editable marketing flyers for a client.  I'm opening my PDF (originally created in Illustrator) in Acrobat and adding editable form feilds for the end user to add their contact information to each piece.  The enduser also wants to add a photo with their contact info.  Is there a way to create this as part of the form?  Ultimately, I'm wanting them to be able to insert a picture into a specified area and not have to resize the photo.  Is this possible in Acrobat professional?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!  I'm working in CS3 and Acrobat 8, on a mac.

Cheers,

Lilly

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

You can create a button and add a script to it that would prompt the user

to select an image file when that button is clicked. Then that image can be

displayed using the same button (buttons can show either an image or text).

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to enlarge or crop the image after it is imported into the button? All that I can find in preferences is the ability to turn scale on or off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.. is there an easy way to add a script that would allow the newly placed image to be moved around or resized?

As it is, it will only fit proportionally, which is what I would want, but I would like to be able to choose the sides it proportionally stretches to.  For instance, right to left versus top to bottom so that it crops some of the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're considering "any audience" think hard about mobile users. I find it hard to recommend a PDF solution for a general audience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about making a little square photo that is nothing but white, and replacing the bad image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset doesn't affect pictures. Use a white image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ain't Acrobat's new features great?

Allo, allo, the engineers?

The need for resetting image fields was obviously predictable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far I have managed to put a button to bring in a PDF file (in Acrobat Reader), and any image file (in Acrobat Pro).

I found "Duplicate Across Pages" option to place the button in all pages.

I'm able to clear the button, thanks to using the Javascript provided by George_Johnson

The only thing I cannot do (seemingly the simplest thing), is to get the button to be vislble on the page.

Users must guess where to click (e.g. upper right corner) without any visual queue.

In the Button Properties here's what I have.

General > Name = "Insert your picture here"

General > Form Field = Visible

Appearance > Border Color = No color

Appearance > Fill Color = No color

Appearance > Text Color = Black

Optoins = Icon only

I'd like to have some label to provide an instruction "Click here to insert your picture."  I'd really appreciate if someone could solve this issue.  Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the button to have both a label and an icon. When the user

selects an image, clear the label. When they clear the image, set the label

back again.

On Sat, Sep 16, 2017 at 10:28 AM, MasakoOnishi <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the duplicate across all pages tool, but how do you get those fields to repopulate with the exact same updated image? I need for all of the logos to be updated for all of the pages and only have to do it one time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to write code for this.  The image on the button field is not data, so it is not shared, but unique for each button. However it is very easy to copy the image to each of the other buttons.

Why don't you post your question to a new thread. This one is getting a bit long.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Design the text into the background page so the image covers it, or put it on the initial image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, I used the initial image option, as I needed to have a clear background when the user clears the button. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya, I tried to edit the PDF with the button with this event.target.buttonImportIcon();  javascript action using Acrobat Reader App on my iPhone, and it did not work.  Other form fields (text), I can still edit, but the button does not work.  Is that the expected behaviour?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, yes. This feature doesn't work in the mobile version of Reader.

It does work in Readdle's PDF Expert app, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think so. There's an iOS JavaScript guide somewhere and it's very thin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys!

I hope You Can Help me!

regarding image field. how to auto crop / auto size if you insert the images?

the sizing is only: Scale Image to fir Rectngle

Scale Image Proportionally.

there's any JavaScript codes guys?

Really needed guys!!

this is the samples what i need>

https://github.com/hongkhanh/cropbox

https://scottcheng.github.io/cropit/https://scottcheng.github.io/cropit/

Thank you guys!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The samples are not for Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yo bro Bernd Alheit,

How are you?

yes i know but there's any solution similar to that which we can create a codes in acrobat? or in the live-cycle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you need a script? You can just set the button to behave like that when you create it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bro try67

Thanks for your reply

We need a simple thing let say we will upload the images and easily we can crop or resize its possible?

Please see the attached below a screenshot that we need eaxct!

Thanks Cheerssample.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is not an image editor. You can't perform advanced cropping operations using it.

Look at the options available under Properties - Options - Advanced. That's all it can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay great try67

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy All, this thread has been super helpful for a recent project of mine! I do have one question that I'm hoping you might be able to help out with.

I'm working on a map booklet that gives users individual instructions on how to take public transit to specific destinations (doctor, pharmacy, grocery store, etc.) I have created a fillable PDF to type out the directions line by line. I would like to insert icons next to each line to help users identify what mode of transportation they're taking (walking, bus, train).

I've followed the directions by inserting buttons next to each line with the applicable javascript. My issue is that when I insert an icon into one button it populates all the other buttons on the page with that icon. How do I get individual icons in each button?

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just need to give each button a unique field name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines