• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert image in Adobe Acrobat DC fillable form

Explorer ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a fillable pdf form in Adobe Acrobat DC and I want to add an option to let the user insert a picture (in a specific box) that he or she has on his computer or iPad but they only have a reader (not Acrobat) - can I insert a fillable option for them to drop in their image.

thanks

Heather

Insert image question.png

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Yes, but for it to work on the iPad the user will have to open the form in Readdle's PDF Expert app, which is not free like Adobe Reader.

Creating such a field is as simple as adding a standard button, setting the layout to something other than "Label only", and adding the following Mouse Up JavaScript:

event.target.buttonImportIcon();

When the button is clicked, it will prompt the user to select a file that contains the image, then the image will then be placed as the button's icon.

Acrobat DC had

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but for it to work on the iPad the user will have to open the form in Readdle's PDF Expert app, which is not free like Adobe Reader.

Creating such a field is as simple as adding a standard button, setting the layout to something other than "Label only", and adding the following Mouse Up JavaScript:

event.target.buttonImportIcon();

When the button is clicked, it will prompt the user to select a file that contains the image, then the image will then be placed as the button's icon.

Acrobat DC had an update that included a new type of field (Image field), the is automatically set up as I described above. Note that Reader (Windows/Mac) can import from PDF, JPEG, TIFF, GIF and BMP. Acrobat can import from anything it is able to convert to PDF, including other image formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soooo much George.....I feel like a real idiot not realising what that image form field was for....and it worked perfectly!

My user is using the form in PDF Expert on iPad so all good

Thank you also for the very fast reply.

cheers

Heather

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got my form data to save, and image to upload, but now can't get the user input data to print;  only the form itself. I checked the security settings and printing is allowed...what else should I check?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like you cannot use Acrobat Reader DC to insert an image? Did anyone have an issue with this? it works fine with Acrobat DC Pro, but not Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will work with Acrobat Reader DC on Windows or Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is it can only insert images if it is converted to PDF first, it is not finding any other image formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does you use a old version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the most recent version 15.006.30482

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's far from being the latest version, which at the moment is 19.010.20098.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded it yesterday, and ran the updates. I will try updating again to see the this solves the problem. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Windows do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this Acrobat Reader 2015?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the radio button? There's no layout for "label only". How do I do this? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a form allowing for folks to insert a photo.  All is working well except when the user is using a "browser" version of adobe.  I may be using the wrong term, but in Microsoft one drive when you open a PDF it asked to open in the "browser" when utilizing this option there are issues with filling out the form. Most are inconsistent, but the one constant is the ability to insert a photo.  Can anyone help with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry, type.  The one constant is the "inability" to insert photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines