Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

insertPages() security settings prevent access

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to make a button on my pdf to insert pages from another pdf. However I keep getting

the security settings prevent access error (it works on the console tho). 

I heard about the folder level script with this :"app.getPath("user","javascript")";, But I am getting this error:

"GeneralError: Operation failed.
App.getPath:1:Console undefined:Exec

undefined".

The "app.getPath("app","javascript")" is working fine, but I'm not sure how to create a usuable function over there to be use for my button ... ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe acrobat pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to create a trusted function that executes this command and place it in a .js file in that folder.
See here for more information: https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/trust-and-privilege-in-acrobat-scripts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. But my "app.getPath("user","javascript")" is undefined... The folder doesnt seems to exist. Can I put the .js file at the "app.getPath("app","javascript")" location ?

Thank you for you help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also seems that trusted function required a trusted context to be called... How can I do this on my document ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you can use the other folder. And that folder is the trusted context.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines