Highlighted

Install Acrobat printer on Mac OS X 10.7.4

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've just purchased Adobe CS 6 for MAC, including Acrobat and Distiller (version 10.1.1)

I downloaded CS 6 from apple website and installed it.

Everything works fine except that it didn't intstall neither Acrobat nor Distiller printers on my system.

How can I install it?

Ciao

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

The Adobe PDF Printer doesn't exist on the Mac anymore.  Please see http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/cant-print-pdfs-mac-os.html for instructions on how to create Adobe PDF files on Mac OS.

-David

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

Install Acrobat printer on Mac OS X 10.7.4

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've just purchased Adobe CS 6 for MAC, including Acrobat and Distiller (version 10.1.1)

I downloaded CS 6 from apple website and installed it.

Everything works fine except that it didn't intstall neither Acrobat nor Distiller printers on my system.

How can I install it?

Ciao

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

The Adobe PDF Printer doesn't exist on the Mac anymore.  Please see http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/cant-print-pdfs-mac-os.html for instructions on how to create Adobe PDF files on Mac OS.

-David

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Jun 05, 2012 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roberto,

-David

Translate

Translate

Jun 05, 2012 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After struggling with this idiotic problem for at least a year, and reading all of the solutions on the forums and none of them having worked, I finally happened upon a Mac solution that DOES work.  It's freeware called PDF Writer downloadable from SourceForge and it works perfectly.  There are exact instructions for installation on El Capitan and it works just like the old "Print to PDF" used to work.  This particular issue was extremely important to me because I often have to file forms with the federal courts and they are secured and cannot be saved as non-editable files.  Moreover, because of the security settings, there is no way to "flatten" the file so that it can be uploaded until PDF Writer.  Sorry, Adobe!  Someone else fixed your program, despite all of the posts here! No need to upgrade to Acrobat DC, which apparently adds the "Print to PDF" back in!  So yes, the "correct answer" is that you can use PDF Writer which shows up in Adobe just like the old Adobe Printer used to.  The only wrinkle is that it saves the printed filed to a shared folder and that apparently cannot be changed.  but after all of the BS in trying to fix this problem, I am trying to spread the word around to spare those similarly situated a lot of wasted time trying solutions that don't work.

Translate

Translate

Nov 23, 2015 8
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I blindly upgrade to updated versions of Adobe and did not know of this unfortunate side-effect: Never again. PDFWriter works and I am avoiding CC as much as possible. I am trying to change my workflow over to Affinity Photo, I am just waiting for them to create an Adobe InDesign alternative. Print to PDF Printer is useful in my situation because it is the easiest way to create 2-up, 4-up and n-up files that are automatically scaled to fit and I don't need to mess with layouts and wasting time creating templates. I print files in these formats a lot and the removal of Print to Adobe PDF is definitely a huge loss to the industrial print / mass printing industry...

Translate

Translate

Nov 23, 2015 8
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

motoman4540 As I could infer, you are a lawyer just like me, but in my case, I'm from Brazil, but struggling with the same problem. I followed your tip, but couldn`t find the "PDF Writer" specifically at the SourceForge page. There are plenty of others, but as I put myself in your shoes and for you it worked, if possible, I beg you to put the link for us to download it directly. Thanks a lot.

Translate

Translate

Mar 01, 2017 0
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sooooo much!

This actually works!

Translate

Translate

Apr 04, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the sourceforge hack doesn't work on osx catalina,

but this github fork of the same thing works: https://github.com/rodyager/RWTS-PDFwriter

follow the instructions, add the new printer, pay attention as to where it saves the files. it's in the readme.

can't believe i spent this much time on this nonesense for a legal form. i really hate adobe.

Translate

Translate

Sep 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I installed PDF Writer, unfortunatly, it is impossible to print to something bigger than A4 (my need is to generate a PDF file of size A2). Any idea ?

Translate

Translate

Apr 22, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't the place to get help with a non-Adobe product.

Translate

Translate

Sep 06, 2020 0