• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Acrobat XI Pro

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, need to install my Acrobat XI Pro onto a new drive after the old drive crashed. I cannot deactivate the old install cause the drive is trashed. I only have it on my Latop and PC, which is the 2 machine limit. Is there a work araound or way to deactivate the old installation on the PC (old drive) and get it on the new drive? Thanks! 

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When that hapens you neeed to contact Adobe directly.

Here's the reference with a link to their support team for offline deactivation: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activation-deactivation-help.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately they will not support 11 Pro and told me to go to the Forum... They're great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call again and don't mention it's for Acrobat 11. Just tell them you want an activation count reset, and insist they help you solve the issue. Ask to talk to a supervisor if they refuse to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no workaround. You must contact Adobe directly and ask them for an activation count reset, even though your version is old and unsupported. If they don't do it, you can't activate and use the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thansk! I will take it off my laptop and hopefully be able to use it on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to deactivate, not just uninstall!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes you're able to recover data and programs from a crashed hard drive by using a flashed USB drive with a Live ISO image of the operating system. 

With this method you're able to even run the programs from the "crashed" hard drive in the mounted USB device. This is what is used in forensics. These has been around since the mid-90's with the linux operating system distros.

I don't know why would it take 20 more years to have Microsoft and Adobe provide their users with tools like this.

But anyway that is not the topic. See if you're somehow lucky to use this Windows methods:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines