• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Acrobat - keeps pausing because Outlook keeps reopening itself. How to keep it closed?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is more of an Outlook problem than it is an Adobe problem, but it's related to the installation of Acrobat. 

At my company we use Microsoft 365 with the desktop apps. Acrobat wants Outlook to be closed while it installs. I close Outlook and install Adobe, but Outlook keeps relaunching in the background so it can show New Message notifications and meeting reminders. The icon reappears in the system tray and the Background Apps section of Task Manager. 

I figure there's a service running that I need to stop to keep Outlook from reopening, but I can't figure it out. In the meantime I'm having to babysit these installs and end task on Outlook every time it relaunches itself.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rothf

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the Outlook keeps on opening it self when you try to install Acrobat.

Please look at the suggestions provided in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/error-close-following-applications-continue.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal,

Thank you for the link but that is what I am doing. Outlook keeps opening even after ending the task in task manager. I just think it's how Microsoft 365 works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines