Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Adobe DC

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried installing the Adobe DC installer on my iMac but get the following:

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC: Newer version already installed.

It was ok On my old iMac but I updated to the 2020 model and I have the Creative Cloud program but the other will not load.

Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described whike installing the application you are getting the error 'Newer version already installed.'

Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please try to run the Acrobat Cleaner Tool https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html , reboot the computer once and try to install the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. No luck. I even uninstalled Adobe Creative Cloud and am having the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, I have received this email and am not sure if it is real or fake:

"First, we help you to cancel the subscription of Acrobat DC Pro. So, Kindly provide your Adobe registered Email ID and the Password for Adobe.com

Sent: 11 August 2020 03:06
To: Adobe Systems Incorporated <Adobecare.team@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: help with installing Adobe Acrobat DC

Thank you. What do I do now?

Chris Craven

From: Adobe Systems Incorporated <Adobecare.team@outlook.com>
Date: Tuesday, 11 August 2020 at 7:35 am
To: Chris Craven <chrisc@mof.org.au>

Thank you for the information.

We would like to inform you.

We have several problems with Acrobat DC Pro Subscription with Mac OS Catalina. So we help you to Cancel the subscription of Acrobat DC Pro.

And We provide you the Acrobat Pro 2017 Perpetual license which is the onetime payment and license valid for a lifetime (Standalone)

Sent: 11 August 2020 03:03
To : Adobe Systems Incorporated <Adobecare.team@outlook.com>

yes

Chris Craven

From: Adobe Systems Incorporated <Adobecare.team@outlook.com>
Date: Tuesday, 11 August 2020 at 1:06 am
To: Chris Craven <chrisc@mof.org.au>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOTAL SCAM!

The only legitimate contacts from adobe are from e-mail addresses from the domain adobe.com. And they will never request an Adobe ID or password from you.

If you already gave these criminals your Adobe ID and password, please logon to your Adobe count and change the password immediately. If you find that these folks already changed your password, please contact Adobe Customer Support by phone immediately.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You.  I had logged on myself as I do not give out passwords etc.

They were trying to solve my problem by getting me to cancel Adobe Acrobat DC Pro and paying for Adobe Acrobat 2017.  I did not go that route as I received your email.

I still have my installation problem though.

Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to contact Adobe Customer Support directly, preferably by phone. No one here can help you directly. The agent will probably need to access error log files from your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the error logs but how do I contact adobe directly? I am in Australia

Chris Craven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Adobe's home page and login with your Adobe ID. Under Support choose Help Center. On the bottom right on the screen there is a circle with cartoon balloon with an elipsis inside of it. Click on that circle. In the popup, click on contact options which should provide you with a phone number to call during specified hours.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I shall try soon. It is a real nuisance that I just get another computer and now Adobe does not work.

It might interest your to know that I got into contact with the scammers through an email supplied by a messages in the Adobe Community. Not good.

Chris Craven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hopefully the real Adobe Support should get you up and going.

By the way, I noticed that you got a message about Adobe Acrobat Reader. Do you also have Adobe Reader installed? You should not have both Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Pro installed. Acrobat Pro is a superset of Acrobat Reader. As such Reader is totally superfluous in your situation.

With regards to the scammers, can we assume that they first contacted you via private message and then after initial contact via e-mail?

The big problem is that to eliminate the scammers contacting you via private message on these communities, we would have to disable the messaging capability between participants who are not either Adobe employees nor Adobe-recognized end-user experts and admins who (dramatically) help run these communities and respond to queries by Adobe customers such as yourself. Eliminating the private messaging between regular participants would diminish the value of the communities, but we might need to seriously consider it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system says that this cleaner tool is only good for standalone Adobe. I have

Creative Cloud. HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines