• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insufficient data for an image happening frequently.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is that when a PDF is open for an extended period (this could be a few hours or overnight) I receive the "Insufficient data for an image" error. This occurs across multiple files both network and local. The machine is Window 10 with the latest Acrobat version.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PeterGage,

Thank you for reaching out.

As per your description above, you receive the error "Insufficient data for an image" when the file is open for an extended period.

Could you please confirm if the issue occurs with some files or with all?

Share the Acrobat version details. You may use the steps as mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does seem like it might effect certain specific files more than others but it does feel like it occurs across all files. The version number is 2020.012.20048

Thanks!

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue.  A specific file produced from another computer.  Two documents were made, one i can open the other i get this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here...pages go blank after sitting open for a bit, sometimes getting the error. Just started happening after recent update.

Acrobat DC 2020.013.2006

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  New IMAC, Big Sur, scanning on HP all in one.

Document shows on computer, when go to save and open, majority of pages blank, with message insuffiient image.

I reinstalled OS, did not correct.

Please advise, I have wasted hours on this, I have up to date Adobe Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. It happens when ever a file stays open for a while. In particular it seems to happen with large file sizes, but more consistently it seems to be related to the amount of time the file is open. Currently using Version 17.011.30188.18479.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my users is having this issue as well, that or an "Error while reading a stream". I have tried reinstalling and unticking the security options mentioned previously in multiple threads. The account is not connected to a domain either, and these scans are sent via e-mail, not scanned in locally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly the same problem with Adobe Pro. After being open for a while the entire content disapears. It would be great to get it resolved since its extremly time consuming an irritating while working with the files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines