• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

insufficient data for an image message in acrobat dc, but PDFs opening in browser

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with large documents, and I have been getting an "insufficient data for an image" message in all of the PDFs I have tried to open in the last week. Most pages show up blank, and when I search for a keyword, it will show "results" on a page where text isn't showing up. I didn't have this issue before, and my system says no updates are available. What's weird is that these documents DO open in my browser window. I have tried sterilizing the PDFs, but to no avail. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Hi all,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat DC Classic 2015, Acrobat Reader DC Classic 2015, Acrobat 2017 and…

Please try it out an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are aware of the issue introduced with the latest patch and working on a resolution soon.

Will share once the fix is available.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat DC Classic 2015, Acrobat Reader DC Classic 20...

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks for your patience and support!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ashu,

This problem with receiving an "insufficient data" appears to be continuing as I have it with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 2020.012.20048.  I checked for updates and there are no updates, so I think I have the latest and greatest version.

Is there are fix for this?

I note that this issue was first reported and ostensibly fixed in 2012, then again in 2018.....and yet I'm having it now in 2020.  Any insights as to whether there is a definitive solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines