• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insufficient Data for an Image

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting an Insufficient Data for an Image error when trying to edit a document on Acrobat. I also get a drawing error occured message. It is also displaying three of the same image on one page. I am using Mac Big Sur 11.1 and have the latest versions of Acrobat and Reader installed. Everything works fine on my Windows laptop so this appears to be a Mac issue. There are numerous reports of this issue dating back to 2012 so its very disappointing to see this issue going on for 8 years with no permanent solution to fix it. Acrobat is completely unusable for me until this is fixed. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a problem with a bug in Acrobat a few years ago that errouniously displayed this error message but that was fixed. Are you running Acrobat under Rosetta 2 on the new M1 hardware? Do you have access to an older version of macOS to see if it's specific to Big Sur? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what Rosetta 2 and M1 Hardware is so I can't answer that questions sorry. I don't have access to an older version of macOS to see if its Big Sur specific. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a brand new Mac? Apple changed the processor on the latest Macs they released, and that's what the M1 is referring to. In order to run existing software in these new systems, the operating system is "translating" the old program to the new processor - and that is what Rosetta 2 does. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies. This imac is about three years old. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be able to share one of the files that trigger this error? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files I currently have that are causing problems are personal documents. If I come across a problem file that is more generalized I will share it. I have noticed after doing a complete delete and reinstall of the program it seems to be working better. I believe the suspect files are from scanned documents and images saved on the previous version of Adobe that was installed if that makes sense? I will work with it more and if I come across a file giving me an issue I will share it. I appreciate your help so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have that is not working properly after I scanned it today. For some reason it shows three of the same items in one file. How do I share this file for you to take a look at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines