Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF editable image

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specs First

I'm renting the Adobe Creative Cloud (current)

I work on a

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 Quadcore
OS Sierra

Here is my issue I have to make multiple business card size cards with different logos and logos will change all the time.

I was able to figure out custom text in indesign (Interactive PDF) editable in Acrobat. I need to edit the logos the same way click on an image "button" look for logo file and the image/logo changes.

Attached is my fake indesign template

Mytemplate.jpg

How can I change the image when I edit the text in acrobat? I've read about lifecycle design which is unavailable for mac. Is there a way I can set this up in indesign?

I find it funny that you can add video this way but not a simple image...

Please help.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

I recommend adding fields in Acrobat only, not in InDesign.

To do what you described you would need to add a button field, then go to its Properties and under the Options tab set its layout to Icon Only. Then go to the Actions tab and enter this JavaScript code as its MouseUp script:

event.target.buttonImportIcon();

Exit Form Edit mode and click the button. You'll be prompted to select an image file (or a PDF, in earlier versions of Reader), which will then be displayed as the button's icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To do what you described you would need to add a button field, then go to its Properties and under the Options tab set its layout to Icon Only. Then go to the Actions tab and enter this JavaScript code as its MouseUp script:

Exit Form Edit mode and click the button. You'll be prompted to select an image file (or a PDF, in earlier versions of Reader), which will then be displayed as the button's icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so if I want to make this pretty (which I do) I do my design work in indesign, then save the design file as interactive pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you're done with the design save the file as a PDF, and then open it

in Acrobat and add the form fields, scripts, etc.

Keep a copy of both the InDesign file, and the static PDF, though, in case

you want to make changes to them later on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Try67 I will give this a shot and let you know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly! You are the Bee's Knees Try67 much thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works great, however...how come my image will  not crop to the "icon" (image) area....my image I place inside the box only shows a portion of it. Can it be made to crop any image they try and upload just to the confines of the box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can set the button to not scale the image, but you won't be able to decide which part of it will show, only through the Advanced dialog under Properties - Options, but that's very inaccurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is the same thing as the original poster's issue but it sounds similar. I am needing to create a PDF Template where there's an image area of let's say 400px w X 600px h, and I have the capability to add an image to that image area every time I make a copy of the PDF Template. How would I do this? BTW, I do know how to make fillable fields well, I've just never had a request to have a field area be one that gets populated by a selected image from a user's hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works like a champ!:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines