• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF presentation with videos - solution for Flash?

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We regularly create presentations in InDesign that contain a few videos and then export as an interactive PDF. With Flash going away by the end of the year, has Adobe come up with a viable solution?

I've been scouring online and not finding much. I hate using PowerPoint as there's limited fonts we can use (in a PC-based company), it frequently crashes our Macs and the file sizes are enormous.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, you want to know the solution for end of Flash.

Adobe Reader and Acrobat no longer include Flash Player, and features that require Flash now leverage the machine’s local copy of Flash. This new strategy allows users and administrators to manage Flash Player updates independently of Acrobat product updates.

For more information please refer to the help articles listed below and see if that helps:

1. Adobe Flash Player needed for Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Acrobat Reader

2. Flash Player end-of-life (EOL) | Impact in Reader and Acrobat

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour à tous,

Nous utilisons la fonction d'intégration audio dans les PDF dans notre entreprise.

La lecture des PDF crée ne peut-être faite que si on possède Adobe Flash.

Autrement dit Flash est obligatoire pour lire ce tyepde contenu, mais comme Flash va disparaitre bientôt je voulais savoir si l'intégration audio aller être maintenu dans Acrobat, et si oui comment la lecture se ferait dans le futur.

Merci de votre aide.

Cordialement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quel version d'Acrobat ou Reader utilisez-vous pour tester? Pas "mis a jour" mais le numero comme 2016.434.34343. Merci.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Je n'ai pas fais de tests, mais il me semble qu'avec ma version Acrobat DC, 20.0920074 Flash est nécéssaire pour la lecture de ce type de contenu...

Je voulais surtout prendre les devant et savoir si le multimedia allait perdurer dans Acrobat.

Merci!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I created a number of PDFs with embedded videos (Acrobat Pro DC) and everthing works fine when I view on my laptop. However, when I share with others, the videos won't play. For settings: 3D and Multimedia Options > Enable playing of 3D content and Use Flash Play options are ON. Trust this Document Always option is ON, too.

ANY IDEAS?, thanks much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, in the last month, made changes to Acrobat and Reader so that things can work without Flash. No news on whether InDesign makes PDFs that work in this world, but update and test. Please let us know what you find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your quick reply. Removed the option to use Flash, but still no luck. Works on the iPad (surprisingly!) but not using Chrome or IE on laptops. Any thoughts? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines