• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Stamp After the Fact

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I understand that you can't add a stamp to a document and have the fields be interactive. You have to script the fields. But what if I want to "stamp" something and have it be interactive? I can copy and paste it but you can't move the "stamp" around the document without leaving the fields behind. Basically I want to add an interactive PDF on top of another static PDF in the location of my choosing that I can send to someone and then they can fill out the fields as necessary. I can't just script the stamp because the person on the other end has to fill out the fields. Not me. And having a shared stamp is not an option because the documents go out to third parties. I can always just past the image and edit the PDF to re-add the fields but this is extremely time-consuming so I'm hoping for something more efficient. Hopefully I explained this sufficiently. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scripting the stamp doesn't mean deciding what values the fields in it will have in your code.

The script can prompt the user to enter the values each time the stamp is applied, using a dialog object or even just a plain prompt window. This information is then placed into the stamp's fields by the script before it is applied (and flattened) onto the page. This is what a dynamic stamp does. Of course, this requires quite a high degree of Acrobat JS knowledge and experience.

If you're interested I'm happy to create such a stamp for you, for a fee. You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try67: That is what I've been doing. I scriped the fields to request inputs but like you said the inputs are asked when you use the stamp. I need the recipient on the other end to alter the fields AFTER the stamp has been applied, which is why a cut/paste seems to be the best solution. Thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not possible. The only solution is to either re-apply the stamp at the same location, but with new values, or to place separate fields on top it. Both solutions will require a custom-made script to be developed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct. Thank you for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To re-add the fields in the SAME LOCATION can be very quick. 
1. make a copy of the form

2. open the copy

3. use replace pages to add the static content instead of the current, while keeping the firm fields in place. 
you can also copy/paste a bunch of fields. 
Otherwise you need to script adding the fields. One at a time with addField. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your suggestions. I will look into them and see which solution works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've actually done this several times for clients. As you've described, in this case the stamp is not interactive or dynamic, it's just a kind of mini form graphic. The feilds are added with an Acrobat Automation script that flattens the stamp and takes the stamp rotation and scaling into account. This is a really fast and efficient methodology. The trick of course is writing the field placement script. Contact me if you are interested in custom development or training on do it yourself.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines