Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invoice generator with acrobat

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone !
I might be really off here so let me know if u think theres a better way to do this.

So I made an invoice template on illustrator.
I wanted people from the team to be able to fill it out with just adobe reader. So I went to acrobat pro and prepared form. Everything is fine until I got to the part where the invoice needs to be filled by products. And, all of the sudden it doesnt make so much sense to me (for instance an automatic second page, subtotal, tax, etc etc) anyone has an idea how to make that more seamless through our large group that is focused on sales and not design softwares.
I wanted to make it easy on them to fill this out.
(So far they were using excel, but I wanted the document to look much better with graphics and layouts that cant be done with excel and even when I convert the pdf to excel, the document changes completely)..

Any thoughts are so welcome !

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what exactly is the issue? What do you want to implement, but don't know how? Adding an extra page automatically? Applying calculations? Exporting to Excel? Your description is not really clear.

The first thing (adding a page) is possible, but a bit complicated to set up and requires some scripting know-how.

The second thing (applying calculations) can be very simple or quite complicated, depending on the calculations.

The third thing (export to Excel) is not possible in Reader at all, although the form data itself can be exported from a PDF file even in Reader, but again it requires some advanced scripting knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off thank u so much try!
I was able to get it going, added calculations and some scripts. But now
I'm getting this weird result when I multiply (product) two fields to give
me a total. And the weird result is %,0.2f

What is that???

Thank u

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you were trying to employ the util.printf() method but incorrectly.

Check the custom calc script of the field where this is happening.

Util.printf() should be phrased in the "event.value =" part like:

var a = this.getField("Field1")* this.getField("Field2").value;

event.value =util.printf("%.2f", a);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure the values you're using are actually numbers, and don't contain any symbols such as "$" or "%".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines