Highlighted

iPad Pro won’t open pdf’s

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both my older iPad mini and my 2017 iPad Pro have Acrobat apps, and the mini will open pdf’s if I tap a provided pdf link in a Safari page and then click on “Create pdf”.  But the Pro won’t open them at all, and does nothing when I tap the link, not even opening the “Open with...” window.

Whats haywire with the Pro’s settings?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

iPad Pro won’t open pdf’s

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both my older iPad mini and my 2017 iPad Pro have Acrobat apps, and the mini will open pdf’s if I tap a provided pdf link in a Safari page and then click on “Create pdf”.  But the Pro won’t open them at all, and does nothing when I tap the link, not even opening the “Open with...” window.

Whats haywire with the Pro’s settings?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 22, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Adobe app is involved if you click on a PDF in Safari guess Apple's PDF viewer isn't up to the job there. But the Create PDF link is surely part of the web site, not Safari? Maybe the site is broken. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried opening with both iPads the same link off the same site.  The old mini opened it and the newer Pro didn’t.  I kinda figured I might not need Acrobat to open pdf’s on them, but downloaded the app to the Pro anyway because the mini already had the app and was opening pdf’s with no problem.  But then even with the app the Pro still wouldn’t open pdf’s.

As mentioned previously, the mini pops a window that asks me what application to open the pdf link with.  The Pro does not;  it doesn’t respond to clicking the link at all.

Its gotta be some specific setting on the Pro doesn’t it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it is the app you are using to open the PDF. Acrobat does not get involved at all, there is no way for it to become the default in the browser. This app is part of the system, so it will have different bugs in each OS version. It may also have limits related to memory etc. Nothing you can do to fix it with Adobe software. Maybe a different browser.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, for me I never get asked what app to use to open a PDF unless I first open it then use SEND TO. May be a very unusual site.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 0