• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Irritating marks in Acrobat JavaScript Editor

Engaged ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC with the latest version of MacOS Catalina. When I use the internal Javascript editor, wherever I click in the editor it leaves a colored mark. The marks accumulate, i.e., they don't disappear when you click in a new location. The more you click the more marks there are. I find nothing to do with this in Acrobat preferences. Since I don't know what these marks are called my searches in the help menu are fruitless. How do you turn this feature off?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot? I've never seen or heard about that happening. It's certainly not a "feature"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen it... a lot. I don't use the internal editor to edit, I use Visual Studio Code and just paste into the internal editor. Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 11.31.10 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot showing the marks (blue). One of those marks is made each time I click in the script in the internal editor. I am looking for a way to turn that off.

JavaScriptEditorMarks.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm never seen anything like it before... Maybe it's a Mac issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a bug. You can't turn it off. I recommend using an external editor like Visual Studio Code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines