Highlighted

Is Acrobat Able To Turn Off One Or More Spot Colors?

Contributor ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 64 bit, Acrobat DC 2020.012.20048

I'm not well versed in Acrobat DC.

I'm preparing a label print design in Illustrator. Two of the inks have been converted to spot colors. The rest are 4 CP. When I export to PDF, and open it in Acrobat DC, does Acrobat have the ability turn off these spot colors?

It's only an island if you look at it from the water.
Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Luke Jennings3 | Adobe Community Professional

You can turn off the spot color on-screen using the Output Preview tool, but all colors would still print.

You can create a layered PDF from the original application, putting the spot colors on their own layers, turning the layer properties on and off as needed in Acrobat.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, Mac, Print, View PDF, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is Acrobat Able To Turn Off One Or More Spot Colors?

Contributor ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 64 bit, Acrobat DC 2020.012.20048

I'm not well versed in Acrobat DC.

I'm preparing a label print design in Illustrator. Two of the inks have been converted to spot colors. The rest are 4 CP. When I export to PDF, and open it in Acrobat DC, does Acrobat have the ability turn off these spot colors?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Luke Jennings3 | Adobe Community Professional

You can turn off the spot color on-screen using the Output Preview tool, but all colors would still print.

You can create a layered PDF from the original application, putting the spot colors on their own layers, turning the layer properties on and off as needed in Acrobat.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, Mac, Print, View PDF, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 1
Contributor ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Luke!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0