• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Acrobat DC included in my Creative Cloud subscription?

Explorer ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a yearly Creative Cloud subscription, which includes Acrobat XI. I'm being prompted by Creative Cloud to update to Acrobat DC, but when I start the update process, there is a dialog box warning that, "Installing a trial of Adobe Acrobat DC will uninstall previous versions of Acrobat. This will deactivate any license for those versions." Why is the Acrobat DC update being called a "trial"? Is  Acrobat DC included in my Creative Cloud subscription? (I've searched online and cannot find a definitive answer.) I don't want to loose Acrobat XI during the update and then find that Acrobat DC is going to be an additional monthly charge. Making this even murkier for me is the fact that Adobe categorizes Acrobat DC under the broader Document Cloud category, rather than under the broader Creative Cloud category, making me worry further that Acrobat DC may not be included in my CC subscription.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

The included apps are clearly listed here: Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan | Professional photo editing software

I don't see how that is "playing" in any way...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum: I can find this on Adobe's Acrobat DC FAQ page:

Can I get Document Cloud services if I’m an active Creative Cloud Member?

Yes. Many Creative Cloud plans include Acrobat Pro DC with Document Cloud services. Explore Creative Cloud plans.

However, if I follow the link to Creative Cloud plans, there is nothing to tell me whether Acrobat Proc DC is included in any of the plans. My plan is a yearly individual at $49.99/month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question I hope somebody will answer it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused by Adobe plan descriptions. I have the same question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell if Acrobat Pro DC is in my individual subscription price.

I had it in my first download group when I signed up but in the latest download window it appears only as  "Try"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please answer the question directly, with a simple "yes" or "no?" The links provided do not clarify the answer and I am certain everyone on this thread had already found the information you linked to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Acrobat Pro DC is included in Creative Cloud All Apps Plan.
Here is the link to check the pricing:

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Acrobat Pro DC is included in the Creative Cloud All Apps plan, then why isn't it mentioned amongst the apps in the list of included apps? All I see is Adobe Acrobat, not tthe DC version. Or are they the same? Adobe certainly doesn't make this clear. Is Adobe Acrobat the same as Adobe Acrobat DC? If so, then why haven't they updated the name to include the "DC"? It's understandable why there's confusion. I'm simply wanting to know if the new E-Signature functionality is available in Adobe Acrobat and included in my all apps plan (which I pay around $53 a month for). Can you please confirm? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is absolutely included in your Creative Cloud “All Apps” subscription. You are reading way too much in the marketing collateral.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Not sure what you mean by "reading too much into the marketing colateral". Adobe doesn't necessarily make things easy to understand. I could provide multiple examples if you'd like.

Also, since you seem to be a higher-up at Adobe, can you please explain to me why it's apparently impossible to get Adobe to address bug reports? I've spent countless hours on the phone with Adobe reps and providing detailed reports, videos, screen captures and design files as requested. Each time reps confirm my problems via screen share, and each time they tell me they would get developers to address the issues. Yet time and time again nothing happens. No follow up and no update fixes.

This is obviously beyond frustrating, as my work flow has been seriously hindered. I still can't achieve non blurry raster exports of my vector logos, still can't use the Touch Bar in Illustrator on my Mac, still have issues with smart guides not working in obvious scenarios, still can't achieve accurate color accuracy with Pantone uncoated libraries, etc. These are major issues that are unresolved through updates or trashing of preferences. I've been waiting for well over a year, so patience is running thin. All I receive is silence from the phone reps and condescending replies by forum reps. It's a shame honestly.

If by chance you could possibly provide me with a contact who can actually get things done, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As much as I understand your frustration (it is also mine) with regards to issues within Adobe software, please understand that I am absolutely not “a higher-up at Adobe” and that lashing out at me isn't going to fix any product bugs (although it might make you feel better).

Note that many of the Adobe products have web pages for reporting issues. These web sites are directly monitored by the engineering and product management teams. For example:

Acrobat:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac 

Illustrator:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/ 

InDesign:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/ 

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat is the product name. DC is the version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chatted with Adobe agent:

Acrobat is NOT included with the photo subscription.

Bummer. But Adobe is infamous for playing that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The included apps are clearly listed here: Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan | Professional photo editing software

I don't see how that is "playing" in any way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines