Highlighted

is Acrobat X Standard compatible with Windows 10

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new laptop with Windows 10 on it.  I have Acrobat X Standard which I purchased in 2012.

I'd like to know if this version of Acrobat will run on the Windows 10 computer.  I've read some reviews here and there and they said that this version is not compatible with Windows 10 but I'd like to be sure before I try to load it to my laptop.

Has anyone loaded Acrobat X standard to a Windows 10 computer?  Does it work?

I only use Acrobat X to print to pdf and then edit the document by inserting a text box or highlighting information.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

is Acrobat X Standard compatible with Windows 10

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new laptop with Windows 10 on it.  I have Acrobat X Standard which I purchased in 2012.

I'd like to know if this version of Acrobat will run on the Windows 10 computer.  I've read some reviews here and there and they said that this version is not compatible with Windows 10 but I'd like to be sure before I try to load it to my laptop.

Has anyone loaded Acrobat X standard to a Windows 10 computer?  Does it work?

I only use Acrobat X to print to pdf and then edit the document by inserting a text box or highlighting information.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2015 0
Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi carolyna7118679,

Acrobat X is not compatible with Windows 10, features may or may not work.

Please check the system requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/system-requirements-acrobat-family-products.html

Regards,
Aadesh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2015 0
Engaged ,
Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 8 is also "not compatible" with Windows 10, I got it working. So, you might be interested in how I got my Acrobat 8 Pro working in Windows 10. Adobe Acrobat Pro 8.0 working in Windows 10   

Adobe 8 and Win 10 in Acrobat Installation & Update Issues

Here is the tool I refereed to:   Adobe Acrobat removal tool to completely remove Reader DC  Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

If you are interested in updates, just drill down under Win for your version.  where do i find the acrobat 8.1 download? in Acrobat Installation & Update Issues‌    

Because you are interested in printing to .pdf, there is a work around but it only prints, it does not allow you to edit. Adobe PDF printer not working in Windows 10

Learned Man

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first I was unable to launch Acrobat X Pro (Installed with CS6) in Windows 10. Here is how I got it to work:

Run this patch: https://helpx.adobe.com/de/creative-suite/kb/acrobat-failed-launch-30-days.html

Set compatibility mode to Windows 7 in the properties of the actual Acrobat.exe file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the page available in English?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 0
ahaden90 LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me, thanks so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2020 0