• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Acrobat XI Pro compatible with Windows 10?

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Acrobat XI Pro compatible with Windows 10?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi steves25736277,

Acrobat XI is not been tested at the moment on MS Windows 10.

However some of the customers are able to install Acrobat version older to Acrobat XI & its working on it, so I suppose there should not be any compatibility issue with Acrobat XI. 

Latest Acrobat DC version is compatible with windows 10 Windows 10 and Adobe Creative Cloud.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.   Do you know if Adobe will be testing Acrobat XI with MS Windows 10 in the near future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey steves25736277,

I am not sure about that, however if any of our customer test's it you will get to know on the forum. So stay tuned.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Acrobat 11 is now compatible with Windows 10.

Please look at the following article for reference:

System requirements | Acrobat family of products—older versions (XI, X, 9)

Regards,

Anoop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to make Adobe Acrobat my default for opening PDF files Windows 10 gives me all of the dialog boxes to make it happen, then refuses. Insists upon opening them with Internet Explorer. Very frustrating. I can open PDF files only from within the Acrobat application when it is running. Any clues here? I am running Adobe Acrobat XI Pro.

thanks

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Try This : Right click any pdf -> Select 'Open with' -> Choose default Program -> Select Acrobat XI Pro from the list and click OK.

Let me know if the issue persists.

Regards,
Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I right click and choose Open with -> Adobe I can have Adobe. If I double click it auto opens with Internet Explorer. It would be nice to double click and have them open with Acrobat.

I cannot now seem to get the sequence starting where I get to choose my Default apps, but Acrobat was refused multiple times when I tried to make it the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it is called Microsoft Edge. Icon looks like IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Go to setting in Windows 10

Go to Default APPS

At the bottom of the list are three text lines, select CHOOSE DEFAULT APPS BY FILE TYPE

Scroll down until you get to  .pdf

Left click on the Microsoft Edge Icon

You will then have a choice to select Adobe, Edge or browse the store for a different app

Select Adobe.  This will change all your PDF, PDX ext files to open with Adobe.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble getting a download of Acrobat XI pro (received from Adobe website) to load on windows 10.  It is a .dmg file and Windows 10 doesn't know how to open it.  Any suggestions?

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.dmg is Apple's Image format. You need the Win version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't help because every time Microsoft does an update, they change all of your settings and set Edge as the pdf program to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2016 Sep 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I just upgraded to Windows 10 (after restoring failed hard drive)  - Acrobat XI Pro stopped working with error message "Serial number you provided is valid, but qualifying product can not be found on this computer". Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2016 Sep 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means your license for Acrobat XI is an upgrade, so you must specify the serial number of your full previous version if you want to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the issue. I wish the error message was more helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2016 Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Pro XI works and installed on Windows 10 but is causing software to crash.

We use Microsoft Project and it is constantly crashing the software. When we check for updates it says the update failed. Any ideas?

Anna.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2016 Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a link for the adobe acrobat updates to install manually. You could try that. But I'm not sure if you just download the latest update and will that include the incremental updates.

Adobe - Acrobat : For Windows​

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform=Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is Windows 10.  Every time an upgrade takes place with Windows 10, it changes all of your settings to make Edge the pdf reader.  And it has corrupted Adobe Acrobat XI.  Microsoft is setting up a monopoly, requiring your computer to use their software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines