• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Adobe Acrobat value for money?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Adobe Acrobat Export account for which I pay annually in advance.  But it doesn't allow me to convert, edit and e-sign pdf forms without upgrading to a more expensive plan.  What does it provide, apart from viewing a pdf document?

When I try and contact Customer support "and speak to a real person" it simply goes to a screen listing all the Adobe apps.

Also, this page invites you to Customize cookies for ads etc., but when I click Customize it doesn't allow customization and I can't post this message without clicking Enable All. 

Grateful for any advice & guidance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which web browser are you accessing the online service?

Would you mind to also share the link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Safari.  I think this is the link https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/is-adobe-acrobat-value-for-money/m-p/11913582#M304018 

Many thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not used Adobe Acrobat Export, but it appears to allow only conversion of other file types to PDF. You can sign PDFs using Acrobat reader which is free, but you would need to upgrade to Acrobat Pro DC in order to edit them. Acrobat Pro DC has a slew of other functionality (creating forms, redacting content, organizing pages, combining files, adding accessibility, automating actions, exporting to other formats). It really depends on your needs and what you're trying to do as to whether it's worth upgrading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, David

I don't use it much, mainly for reading academic papers and articles.  It would be useful to convert to Word so that I can copy and paste parts of a paper into the book I'm writing.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can copy and paste text from a PDF into a Word document using Acrobat Reader, but if you wanted to convert a PDF to Word, you would need Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very many thanks, David.

As you probably gathered, I am not very familiar with how Adobe works.  When I asked Adob24x7Care@outlook.com, it replied: "We provide you the Acrobat Pro 2020 Perpetual License which is the onetime payment and license valid for lifetime."

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jh19 

You are being scammed. The e-mail address you show is a scammer not affiliated with Adobe in any way whatsoever. All communications from Adobe are from e-mail addresses in the format of xxxxxxx@adobe.com. An outlook.com or gmail.com address is a sure sign of scammers / fraudsters!

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Dov.

I'm not sure where I got that edress from.  I emailed my query and it replied that it would cost me US$449.99 including lifetime installation support.  Shall we proceed further?

I replied No.  Since I didn't agree, does this mean I haven't clicked on a link that would enable the fraudsters to access my iMac?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you didn't provide them with any personal information, bank details or credit card numbers and didn't download anything they sent you to gave them access to your computer then you should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++ Adding to Dov Isaac's,

You may want to report this incident through some of the appropriate Adobe security contact points:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done that, thanks

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would happen, David, if I cancelled my existing subscription?  Would I not be able to see any PDFs?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always open your PDF files using the free Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Try67

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines