• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is it possible to export Fillable Form data to Excel directly?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make student enrollment forms using Myanmar unicode script (one of Southeast Asian language). In using Myanmar language, everything is OK in creating forms, data entry and in Responses File dialog box. The problem is that when I export the form data (the output file format is only two (CSV or XML), some data (in Myanmar unicode font) cannot be obtained properly in CSV. I think if the data can be directly exported to Excel, there can be no problem in creating fillable forms using our language. I'm trying to do a research on the possibility of using Adobe Forms in our university enrollment programs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried all the different encoding options when you open the CSV in Excel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You very much and I'll try encoding options and let me stay in touch with you. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your kind help. As you suggested, I have tried encoding options in CSV file but I couldn't. The blue circles in the picture shows what happens to our Myanmar (မြန်မာ) language. Is there any sollution for this? I hope next version of Adobe Acrobat DC will support direct export to excel rather than .CSV.Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've got the same problem.

This issue doesn't exit on MAC (it works fine) but only on Windows 10 -  only shows "......." for character except English.

Anyone can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have encoding issues with Excel you should try LibreOffice which is much better equipped for this.

www.libreoffice.org

encod1.pngencod2.pngencod3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines