• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it really impossible to start a numbered list from other than 1 on a new page??

Contributor ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a form in Acrobat DC. I have a numbered list. It breaks across pages. Thus I need it to be in two separate text areas. I don't want my numbered list to start again from #1 on page 2. There's no way to adjust it. I am checking, double checking, pressing alt+ the bullet area in the tools, looking at my context menu,  Tools, other menus, looking in help online and offline... it seems impossible. I don't see this mentioned ANYWHERE.

So... basic. So... important. Gawd. Why is this so hard?

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is really not a very powerful editor. It is supposed to be for fixing typos, not designing forms. Why not make it in Word and convert to PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I am editing an existing PDF to update just a few text items and add a form field.

Because it requires form fields that the people I will send it to will sign &/or fill out.

Acrobat is not just for "fixing typos".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is for fixing typoes when it comes to creating or editing background text. I suggest you find a way to make this text in a proper editor. Acrobat is a terrible editor and will probably always be so. You can still edit and keep editing an original Word document, make a new PDF, and use Replace to keep any form fields added. Anything else will be painful as you've found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The doc is in a PDF already. I got it from another person. To copy that text even into a new doc is not a seamless one-time copy and paste, because it's already been chopped up by Acrobat into different fields. If I can do the numbering as is, it would take me 10 seconds. To bring it into another editor and re-make a PDF is a 2+ hour job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To streamline, just make the replacement page(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines