• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is LiveCycle Designer part of Creative Cloud?

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find it anywhere: Is LiveCycle Designer part of the Acrobat-Installation of Creative Cloud/Win?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Hi Eckart,

Yes I do.

LiveCycle Designer comes bundled with Acrobat X Pro. It's not listed as a seperate application. Once you get Acrobat X pro installed, LC Designer will be available in Start Menu.

Forgot to add this - You shouldn't be on Mac OS X. For there is no LC Designer on Mac.

Message was edited by: Sandeep V.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Creative Suite are you trying to install? Do you get Acrobat Standard after installation? If this is the case, LiveCycle Designer is not a part of the Standard flavour of Acrobat.

Feel free to write back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sandeep,

I am sure you know Adobe's latest model of subscription service started here on may 11, 2012: The Creative Cloud with all the programs of CS6 Master Collection and many more.

See here: http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud.html

There is no information about LiveCycle Designer as part of Acrobat in this Cloud-Suite.

So I hope someone out there tried and installed it from CREATIVE CLOUD.

Thank you,

Eckart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eckart,

Yes I do.

LiveCycle Designer comes bundled with Acrobat X Pro. It's not listed as a seperate application. Once you get Acrobat X pro installed, LC Designer will be available in Start Menu.

Forgot to add this - You shouldn't be on Mac OS X. For there is no LC Designer on Mac.

Message was edited by: Sandeep V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sandeep,

I'm wondering the same thing, I can't find LiveCycle in my Creative Suite. I have Acrobat Pro DC installed and there is no LC Design or LiveCycle or anything like that in my Start menu.

Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no. You should note that the reply you are following up was 3 years ago, when things were different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's the the part of the Acrobat installation of Creative Could. I have tested this at my end and with Acrobat. LC Designer was also installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have creative cloud - have installed Acrobat XI Pro, and cannot find Lifecycle anywhere.  It is NOT in the start menu.  When I try to open a PDF with a form, I get the (un)helpful message that Acrobat cannot edit the form and I need Lifecyle.  It then directs me to the Lifecycle webpage which does not help either.  HOW do I open Lifecycle???  Thanks in advance...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LC Designer is no longer included as part of AA XI. If you want to continue to use it without purchasing in separately, do not uninstall your previous version of Acrobat that had LC Designer included. The process of forms for AA XI has changed a bit with a different option than LC Designer. AcroForms is still part of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, LiveCycle Designer is only available as a stand alone app that you have to download from Adobe, trial or purchase. Also, it is only available for WINDOWS (NO Mac version). It is NOT part of Creative Cloud.

Here is the link to download:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2015 Feb 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can livecycle ES4 used on MAC x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LiveCycle is NOT part of any version / pricing of Creative Cloud. It's very disappointing.

I have the mega-super-everything CC @ 49 fracking dollars month and it does NOT have LiveCycle. It's a stand alone suite at $299.

They should call it Adobe CC "Complete Minus LiveCycle"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note that LiveCycle is itself a large suite, enormously more expensive than Creative Cloud (think 5 figures). LiveCycle DESIGNER is a part of that, and also sold standalone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also minus Adobe Director

Personally i feel LiveCycle should be killed off and its functionally should be merged into InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LiveCycle is actually a huge suite of apps all by itself, of which LiveCycle Designer is the smallest and by far the least expensive. LiveCycle is a suite licensed for tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars to large enterprises. Can't see this merging into Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the user hopes that LiveCycle Designer's functionality be built into InDesign.  I personally was hoping for the form-building and form-editing features to be built into the PDF Editing abilities of Acrobat DC.  Is there a way to build forms such as invoices that calculate (like I used to do in Livce Cycle Designer), in a currently available CC app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two types of form: Acroforms and XFA forms. Acroforms are edited in Acrobat. XFA forms are edited in LiveCycle Designer. Either one can calculate. XFA forms have more power (e.g. dynamic layout). But they are doomed by the lack of reader support, with no prospect of ever working on mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay great, so I'll look up Acroforms and see about creating new invoice forms using Acrobat.  I don't need anything complicated and I'm sick of trying to figure out where LiveCycleDesigner is headed and sick of being annoyed that it doesn't come standard with CC. Plus, it's an invoice, so it doesn't need to be a very dynamic layout.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally commiserate with your frustration.  I am trying to add my signature to an IRS Form W-9, and being told I must use LiveCycle Designer.  I, too, have the full CC, which obviously is not as full as I was led to believe.  And that the IRS should collude with that BS is more than aggravating.

However, being of a certain age, I also do know how to print things out, sign them, and then scan them back in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before getting upset you should find the correct facts. To fill in and sign a PDF form all you need is the free Adobe Reader.

You do not need LiveCycle Designer to do that, only to edit or create such a form from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you assume that tone you might want to check some facts yourself.  Maybe you could talk to Adobe and the IRS for me. LiveCycle.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you do before you got this message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to insert my signature as a jpeg.   That wasn't allowed.

I read above (from "Test Screen Name")  that " Apparently the IRS will accept Only one kind of signature for W-9, all others are blocked. You must use pen and ink. This is neither s fault in Reader nor a moneymaking scheme by Adobe."

The "moneymaking scheme" is a silly appellation because all businesses scheme to make money, and I am a friend of Adobe.  My aggravation is that I got CC thinking I was leasing ALL the programs I would need to manage PDF editing, and this other program is apparently very expensive.  It was Adobe's alert that said I needed LiveCycle Designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was trying to insert my signature as a jpeg.   That wasn't allowed.

So what you have to do there is open your PDF in Acrobat and go to manage stamp palate -

I assume you have a Jpeg of your signature on file -
Create a stamp and save it as your signature

Then when you want to actually sign something - go to comments and a stamp icon opens- choose your stamp from the collection you saved it in and place it on the page you are signing and then size it --

Save the whole thing to Print - and it will be there -

Note the signature tens to show a little off sides on the phone screen when opened - oter wise all looks greta

Roger Whittaker

604 four one four.62six six

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2016 Oct 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Thank you. I personally don't need all the server and client parts of LiveCycle. What interests me is exactly as you say, the form building and programmable elements.

For example i built a flyer template for my clients where they could change the stock image and coupon code on the flyer on their own to suit the season, while retaining the layout i created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines