• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is LiveCycle Designer part of Creative Cloud?

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find it anywhere: Is LiveCycle Designer part of the Acrobat-Installation of Creative Cloud/Win?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 28, 2012 May 28, 2012

Hi Eckart,

Yes I do.

LiveCycle Designer comes bundled with Acrobat X Pro. It's not listed as a seperate application. Once you get Acrobat X pro installed, LC Designer will be available in Start Menu.

Forgot to add this - You shouldn't be on Mac OS X. For there is no LC Designer on Mac.

Message was edited by: Sandeep V.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shaikh Nadeem wrote:

Can livecycle ES4 used on MAC x

No, LCD is a Windows-only application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message is true. You don't want to edit it. LiveCycle Designer is not for signing forms, buying it wouldn't do a bit of good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't buy it.  That was Adobe's message to me, when I tried to insert a jpeg of my signature.  The form allows insertion of text, but not images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2016 Sep 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some research. Apparently the IRS will accept Only one kind of signature for W-9, all others are blocked. You must use pen and ink. This is neither s fault in Reader nor a moneymaking scheme by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "moneymaking scheme" is a silly appellation because all businesses scheme to make money, and I am a friend of Adobe.  My aggravation is that I got CC thinking I was leasing ALL the programs I would need to manage PDF editing, and this other program is apparently very expensive.  It was Adobe's alert that said I needed LiveCycle Designer.

The IRS certainly does not advise anywhere that only pen and ink will do;  the rest of the form is very efficiently designed to accept computer entries.  It was only when I attempted to insert my signature as a jpeg that it balked.

Anyway, bottom line is that I did print it out, sign it, then scan it to email to my employer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines