• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is the Acrobat DC included in the Photography Plan, a TRY version or a FULL version?

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently subscribed to the Photography Plan and in the apps listed in account for this plan it shows  Acrobat DC as being available to me.

Is this Acrobat DC version a full version or a try version?  And if a full version, it is included in this plan or not?  I own a version of Acrobat X Pro and that version satisfies my present needs to produce, comment and distribute PDFs, and I don't wish to uninstall it if the one being offered is only a TRY version that will require upon expiration a monthly payment.

Here is what is shows as being part of the Photography Plan. It is confusing, because in my account shows as Acrobat DC being available, but in the Plan description is not included.

Rocio_Lopez-Bretzlaff_0-1614017306669.png

If someone can clarify this for me, I will be very appreciative!  Thank you and have a good start of the week!

Rocio LB

Rocío López-Bretzlaff
TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is not included in the Photography plan. The reason it's listed on th left is because it was installed on the computer at some point, and there is now an update available.

Likely, you have installed Adobe Reader. It's confusing because years ago, it used to be called"Acrobat Read" but then Adobe changed it to just "Acrobat" to distinguish it from "Reader." But a few years ago , they changed Reader to be renamed once again "Acrobat Reader." It's got the same UI as the full version of Acrobat, but with most of the features turned off. They've designed the UI so that it guides people toward upgrading to the full version.

Hope that helps! Sorry it's so confusing. It's by design. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response. I agree with you about being 'Confusing by design'! 😉

Now, maybe you can tell what do I need to do to remove the Acobat DC from the apps 'installed' in my desktop. See capture again, and thank you in advance for your suggestion on resolving this issue.

Rocio_Lopez-Bretzlaff_0-1614025167072.png

Rocio LB

Rocío López-Bretzlaff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the elipses and then choose "Uninstall."

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 3.52.15 PM.png

But before you do that, check to make sure you're not uninstalling Acrobat Reader. If you remove it, what will you use to read PDFs? Just something to consider before you unistall it, as you'll be uninstalling Reader (even though it's titled "Acrobat" in the menu).

Honestly, I have a bunch of apps installed, and I just update them one at a time, if I need to. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply, but it has not resolved the question as to how to delete it from the list.

I don't have that option for that software. The only options I have is to install udpates and follow the Learn More option, but not the Uninstall.

Uninstall will be available for the others, but not for Acrobat CC.  this is what I get:

Rocio_Lopez-Bretzlaff_0-1614042612360.png

Any other ideas?

Rocío López-Bretzlaff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines